Friday, June 28, 2013

God's Megaphone

Wednesday I was blessed to lead worship for our midweek service, "Spirit Infusion" as we call it.  Its an amazing hour of pure worship topped off with communion.  Its a very cool time.

I came tonight in my new identity.  The one where I visualize myself stepping out of a phone booth and putting on my worship cape as I approach the the throne room of God. 

My personal theme this week has been identity.   Believing, embracing my call and viewing it through the eyes of Christ.  I believe with everything in me that NOW is the time for my ministry.  I have pressed through the fire, through the storm and have held my ground in the face of insurmountable obstacles.  So I have decided that I will act as if i have as much faith in me as God does.

I was excited about the service, yet when we started there was a small turnout.   It makes no difference to me if there are ten or ten thousand.  I eagerly approach the throne!  It was a slow start until I finally reached the place where I stopped and he started.  And then. Wow.  Seriously.  Just wow. 

I got the best compliment of my life from my Pastor after it was over.  He said,  "you didn't do anything tonight.  Not a single thing."  I smiled,  hugged him, and said, "Nope.  Not a thing.  I hope people always say that.  Matter of fact, I hope they say,  Barb didn't even show up tonight,  was she even here?"

That is how its supposed to be.  Less of me.  More of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment