Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I see heaven

The joy of outreach ministry is they are just so darn happy to see you!  I was setting up my music set tonight and I had no less than fifteen people come up, so excited we were there.   It makes you take second and pause to reflect on the fact that YOU are the highlight of someones day.

We always start fifteen minutes early.  We like to have the extra fifteen for celebratory worship, and it lets us get deeper in reflective music, without watching the clock so much.  We ministered with Pastor Brock Bernstein tonight, and its one of my favorite nights at the Mission.  He flows in the anointing, lives for it, hears the voice of God, and is all around awesome.  We do the anointing dance together so well.  Rarely stepping on each others toes which is a rare gift.

We hit on a song tonight, I see heaven as done by Brian and Katie Torwalt, and started doing the lead-in progression as he ministered.  As he did, God started giving me words to share..free flowing worship.  Healing waters flowing from his feet..it was powerful and amazing.  The harmonies kicked in from Terry and Judy and it was heaven.  We finally transitioned to the real song and it was exactly the right song, at exactly the right time.  There is a sweet spot in worship you hit, that is like honey flowing.  You know when you hit it.

Ironically, I have been leading worship for about 25 years.  But in the past two years God has really began giving me revelation and understanding and anointing that is far beyond anything I have ever experienced.  For instance, the prophetic worship, free-flowing words that are not scripted or planned, just flowing.  That is a new thing for me.  I come from a structured worship background where they don't sing from a projector, they sing from a hymnal.  A big jump to relax, trust my anointing and just flow.  This sweet spot of anointing is not new to me, but the way I treat it is.  I treat that sweet spot as the destination, not a step in the journey. Its the destination we are at, its where we stay.  Instead of looking for the next place God wants me to lead the people to, I now focus on keeping them right where HE is.  I fear I am guilty in the past of walking right past him.  Now, when I find him, I stay right there at his feet until HE is done.  That is a shift.

All of the skills I am expanding are part of the process.  They are proof that we are always evolving and growing. That there is always more to learn, and the more sensitive you are to the anointing and leading of God the farther he will take you.  THERE IS NO LIMIT TO HOW DEEP YOU CAN GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment